Saturday, December 1, 2007

Where to begin


Well, I guess I could begin at Thanksgiving time. Don and I, Tara and Eric, and Chad and Lisa all went to Mt. Hood to the annual Thanksgiving feast at Uncle Jim and Aunt Pennys "cabin". We had not been there for about 3 years and a lot has changed in that time. Kids all grown up and there kids now the ones playing in the pond and woods. I think the thing I missed most was cousin Steve's voice. This was the first time at the cabin without him since he passed away in 2006. But inspite of that it was a very exciting time as Chad and Lisa announced there engagement! We look forward to having her as a permanent fixture in our family. No date has been set yet as they are looking for the perfect spot but are thinking possibly in May of next year.
Today we had our first snow, but it looks like that has ended now at about 2 pm and its melting rapidly. My driveway was filled with big trucks this morning as all the boys prepared to head up to play in the snow at Grisdale. I will miss all the activity that Chad and his trucks generate around here. I suppose the neighbors will be glad to see it go though. The boys are usually are very respectful with the noise and working late into the night.
Don and his brother have gone to the Tacoma Dome to watch football games all day. Oh, doesn't that sound fun.
I on the other hand have cleaned out one big messy closet and at 2 in the afternoon am still my pj's!!!! I'm just about ready to get cleaned up and venture into Aberdeen and bum around a bit.
So until I blog again.....hopefully I will remember that I started this blog. It might not be to fancy yet, but will work on that.

2 comments:

Dickeybirds said...

Pattee... i loved the blog. I'm the first to leave a comment!
ei

SueB. said...

Pattywak.. good to read about your life.. I am the second to leave a comment.. guess Ei doesn't have anything else to do, eh?