Friday, December 14, 2007

I'M BACK

Well we all survived the wind storm of 2007. Life is pretty much back in order for those with out much damage. For some it has been very devastating. Don has been flying over the Counties timber properties and it is indescribable the damage that is there. They hardly know where to start with the State having all there rules and regulations that you still have to follow. Bob and Ruth ended up spending several nights with us as the area they live in was hit very hard and the power took several days to return. They did buy a generator to keep the freezer going, which they will so kindly share with us when needed. Bob, Don's brother had a "sled" boat stored at there house and it was damaged when a tree fell on it. I have not been over to see all there damage, but do know that nothing terrible happened just minor damage.
Well we know that the upcoming Chad and Lisa wedding will be May 24, 2008. They finally heard back from the 7th Street Theatre on which date was available. Lisa, little miss organizer that she is, has the plans going full speed ahead. We will look at tuxes this Saturday, her dress will be in February 8th, and she now has someone to marry them etc. etc. etc.
I have spent most of this week sick, not a fun experience. Probably just the common cold virus, but with asthma that was not so fun as it settled in the lung area. I guess I have not been sick really since being diagnosed with asthma. Had a total freak out last night as I could not breath. Had been to the Dr. earlier in the day and she started me on medicine but that takes awhile to kick in and my inhaler was not lasting very long. So, then add total panic at about 10 at night and you have a mess. But, my dear sister, the nurse....helped me through it and I was able to get calmed down and get to sleep for a few hours, thus the writing this at 3:21 a.m. in the morning! Next time I will be pumping in the "Wellness Formula" that she swears by if you are even thinking of getting sick. Works miracles.
Am wondering when I will start planning the upcoming Christmas dinners. I have not even started grocery shopping. My folks, Don's folks, both the kids and there mates will be with us for our usual Christmas Eve. Chad will then spend Christmas Day with Lisa's side of the family. Must learn to share now. But they are close by at all times to it will be okay.
Well I suppose that I should attempt to sleep a few more hours and try to go to work again today. Was in and out yesterday, but still felt kind of punk.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be well!
Glad to hear everyone made to through the storms.
Mom sent me a link to some flood pictures around Chehalis. Pretty crazy.

Dickeybirds said...

Hope you are feeling better by Sunday, Pattywack. The storm claimed my Aurstralian Mint Bush!! I am devastated!
ei