Monday, December 31, 2007

Just an update




Well, the holidays are just about over and hopefully my eating habits will return to a healthier style! My stomach is in pain as I speak. I must get back on track and continue the slooooooow very slooooooow weight loss. In five short months I will have to look good in my new dress. I know I'm not the one everyone will be looking at but just in case, I have to look good. :-) I did order a dress yesterday online from Macy's, ordered 2 sizes to make sure that at least one fit.

We had a very nice Christmas holiday. Chad and Lisa, Eric and Tara, both sets of Grandparents, and Bomi, Erics dad were all here Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas day everyone except Chad and Lisa. They went to her folks. Christmas Eve I made a soup and fresh rolls. I always make soup for some reason. Then on Christmas Day just a regular turkey dinner, every one contributed something. The kids all got me pieces of art that I have come to love. They are unusual hand made ceramic pieces all useable. It is a local artist and I first saw her pieces at the Garlic Festival last summer when I fell in love with a very un-ordinary lamp that is now in my bedroom, it was a bit extravagant but......take a look at her web-site http://www.ceramicsbytoni.com/.

Don't have any big plans for the New Years Eve. The kids are all off doing there own thing so us old folk just get left in the dust. This is another time that I really miss our good ole friends Doug and Sue, ready at a moments notice to have a good time.

Wedding plans continue to be finalized. Saturday I went along with the "boys" to get measured for tuxes and then Chad and Lisa and I went and looked at the Aberdeen Museum for a possible reception site. It is going to be great. To keep with the theme of historical buildings it fits right in. The museum has quite a few displays all around the outer edge and the center is then free to be used for all types of receptions. There is a tiny theater maybe 20 people or so, they plan to use that for showing a DVD of their lives, the ship cabin display will be used to house the DJ, and they General Store display will be used to house the bar. People can roam around and look at all the displays. And...the cost was minimal. So that took care of one more thing on Lisa's list.
Well, see ya next year.

No comments: